Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Summer Herbs

This past summer I had 3 gardens, one in our backyard, and two at our community garden.  My gardens put out a great crop.  We grew; tomatoes, peppers, chilies, carrots, lettuce, corn, beans, peas, pumpkins, gourds, onions, cucumbers, potatoes, broccoli, melon, squash, and our son grew one massive sun flower!

I am also a huge herb gardener.  This summer I grew; basil (I had an over load of that!), parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary (that didn't grow), dill, cilantro (thanks to one of my garden buddies!), and tarragon.  For some reason this year I was a master basil grower!  I had tons of it and gave lots away and also dried it.  I can honestly say that I have dried basil for two years!

The kids grew all of our tomatoes by seed last winter, and also a lot of the peppers.

Now we are going to reevaluate our gardens and do some planning for next spring!

Here is a couple pictures of one load of basil.

Happy winter garden planning!


No comments:

Post a Comment