Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Double Batch This!

We went to this apple orchard last Sunday.  It is a fairly young orchard so we couldn't pick our own apples.  The owners were more than helpful and knowledgeable about their apples.  I didn't get their names, but the man took us on a hay ride around the place.  I will be curious to see this place again when the trees are more mature.

We bought some Haralson apples.  The whole idea is to eat them whole, and bake crisp and pies.  When we got home I made some crisp, a single batch.  What a horrible idea!  Between the 5 of us that was gone in one sitting.  So, today I made a double batch.  Half of it was gone, and I am thinking that was only because the kids have church activities so not too much was eaten before they left.  There is some left for tomorrow.  My husband was pleading with me tonight to save at least one little part of it for him.

Maybe I should go to the fridge and have a bite or 7.  What do you think?  Everyone is sleeping here, they'd never know!

A word to the wise, make a double batch triple batch of apple crisp.  Trust me everyone will be much happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment